- Employ methods to build public speaking confidence.
- Describe the nature of communication apprehension (CA), and be in a better position to deal with your particular “brand” of CA.
- Apply cognitive restructuring (CR) techniques to create a more positive frame of reference.
- Recognize the importance of customized practice to become conversant in your topic.
- Create a personal preparation routine to minimize your apprehension.
a short-cut version of systematic de-sensitization appropriate for public speaking preparation
an internal process through which individuals can deliberately adjust how they perceive an action or experience
an individual’s level of fear or anxiety associated with either real or anticipated communication with another person or persons
being conversant is the condition of being able to discuss an issue intelligently with others
anxiety resulting from being in a situation where one is being watched or observed, or where one perceives themselves as being watched
derived from the external situation within which individuals find themselves
a multi-stage, therapeutic regimen to help patients deal with phobias through coping mechanisms
anxiety that is aligned with, or a manifestation of, an individual’s personality