Only Administrators of a book can add users to that book in Pressbooks. Here is how it’s done:
First, make sure the person you would like to add has a Pressbooks account. If they don’t, they will need to request one by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts can be created for Oklahoma State University faculty, instructors, and students creating or modifying openly licensed teaching and learning resources. Requests for accounts not meeting these criteria will be handled on a per case basis.
To add a user,
- Go to your book’s Dashboard.
- Find the Users tab in the left-hand menu.
- Click “Add Existing.”
- Enter the email of the person you would like to add to the book. (It must be the email they used when signing up for a Pressbooks account.)
- Select the desired role for your new user. See below for role options.
User roles include:
- Administrator: The highest permission level. Administrators can add, edit, and delete posts, they can add and delete users, and they can delete a book.
- Editor: Editors can add, edit, manage, and publish posts, even those of others.
- Author: Authors can write, edit, and publish their own posts, but not those of others.
- Contributor: Contributors can write and edit their own posts. They cannot publish their posts.
- Subscriber: Subscribers have the lowest permission level, and can only read posts.
|Private/ Public setting (Organize)||√||–||–||–||–|
|Appearance||√||√ (but no “Themes”)||–||–||–|
|Textbooks for PB||√||√||√||√||–|
The person who has been added will receive an email invitation and a link to the book. They will need to click a confirmation link in order to access the book.
|For more information, see Users and Collaborators in the Pressbooks User Guide.|