In the iconic TED talk by Ed Ulbrich on how Benjamin Button was brought to life, a profound journey of innovation, collaboration, and persistence was unfolded. Taking inspiration from the dedication and creativity of that team, we’ve curated a guide to craft your own social media strategy. Just as Benjamin Button’s face was a masterpiece, so too can be your digital footprint.
1. ADMIT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM (Understanding Your Current Position)
- History & Background: Before you can solve a problem, you must recognize and understand it. Dive into the history of your brand’s social media presence and understand its evolution.
- Current Environment: Examine the current digital landscape, how your brand is positioned, and the challenges you’re facing.
2. BREAK DOWN THE PROBLEM (Setting Smart Goals)
- Identify Objectives: List everything you hope to accomplish. This could be increasing followers, boosting engagement, or driving website traffic.
- Analyze the Details: Dive into the intricacies of your current strategy. As Ulbrich explored the markers in Benjamin’s aging, you too must understand the pivotal moments and elements in your social media journey.
- Challenge the Norm: Sometimes, it’s essential to reconsider and even discard long-held beliefs or practices. Be willing to pivot or completely revamp your strategy.
3. TECHNOLOGY STEW (Conducting a Social Media Audit)
- Seek Inspiration: Just as the creators looked to other industries for technology solutions, so should you. There might be a strategy, tool, or platform in another industry that’s perfect for your needs.
- The Aha Moment: This is when things begin to click. When you find that strategy, tool, or idea that promises to revolutionize your approach.
- Imagine the Possibilities: Always be open to innovative approaches. Pose the question, “What if?”
4. SANDBLAST THE EDGES (Formulating a Plan)
- Based on your audit, objectives, and inspiration, carve out a tailored social media strategy. This is the blueprint that will guide all your actions on digital platforms.
5. BOX OFFICE (Measuring Performance)
- Quantify Outcomes: Just as box office numbers reflect a movie’s success, your metrics – followers count, engagement rate, click-throughs – will depict the success of your strategy.
- Test, Test, Test: The digital world is ever-evolving. Consistently test new strategies, tools, and content types to see what resonates best with your audience.
In conclusion, crafting a successful social media strategy requires understanding, innovation, and adaptation, much like the journey of creating Benjamin Button’s face. As you embark on this journey, let persistence be your guide and creativity your tool. Happy strategizing!